1. Object activation has to take place on a distance no more than 1000 meters (1km) from the object.
It is permissible to activate two and more objects if they are located on a distance no more than 1000 meters (1km) from each other.
It is not necessary to notify WCA Committee about object activation..
WCA Committee can require necessary data (photos, videos etc) if some activation gives rise to doubt.
2. WCA Committee have made a decision to institute greeting code during working from fortification objects.
Code “11” (“Two towers” means “best wishes from castles and fortresses of the world”.
3. The new system of WCA identification numbers is constituted since November, 1st, 2009.
All objects (castles, fortresses, forts etc.) are identified by an alphanumeric designation. Letters indicates the country according to prefixes, for example: DL – (Germany), I – (Italy), LY – (Lithuania) etc., and next digits indicates the serial number of object. For example: DL-00001, I-00002, LY-00003 etc
Oficial WCA – LIST (Excel ~ 6 Mb) is distributed by countries.
WCA-List is not final and will be constantly updated.
* It is permissible not to transmit superfluous zero during QSO to simplify transmission and receiving of identification numbers.
** Correspondence between identification numbers of national award programs (BCA, CASHOTA, CASHOTA-EI, CCA, COTA-9A, COTA-DL, COTA-NL, COTA-RU, CPBA, DCFP, DCI, DCS, DFCF, HCS, IDES, SCA, UCFA, ZWP) and WCA identification numbers is in the table CASTLES – WCA (Excel ~ 4,3 Mb).
4. Repeated QSOs are not valid. The object is valid only once regardless of bands and any kind of mode.
5. The same award rules are for SWL.
6. QSOs/SWLs are valid since January 1st. 1995 on any bands (including WARC) by any kind of modes.
7. Application for diploma is based on the received QSL cards according to Application WCA form and must be signed by two radio hams. QSL-card must have identification number according to WCA-List.
QSL-card having object name or identification number according to national castles and fortresses award programs are valid for the diploma.
No QSLs, only certified application is required. The award manager can require QSL for check.
8. Since 1st of September 2010 begun to work WCA E-LOG which allows to check up data about made QSOs which have been recieved from radiohams-activators for WCA expeditions and confirm QSOs interesting for you.
All confirmed QSOs in WCA E-Log are valid for all diplomas by World Castles Award (WCA) program without confirmations by QSL-cards.
9. The award can be issued for separate MODE (optionally).
10. The application should sent to award manager.
Or by post:
Andrey A. Petushkov, RN1CW
P.O.Box 340/5, Sosnovyj Bor,
Leningrad oblast, 188540
11. – Since January, 1st, 2011 the order an issue of the “World Castles” Award (WCA) and “Castles On The Air – Russia” Award (COTA-RU) will change. Awards will be issue by two means:
– in electronic form in PDF-format (free of charge);
– in print form.
The fee of WCA and COTA-RU in print form will be:
– For Russia 200 Roubles, for the CIS countries – 7 EURO, 7 USD, 7 IRC.
– For the others – 10 EURO, 10 USD, 10 IRC.
– Fee of HONOUR ROLL please ask Award Manager at the moment of application
12. Award certificate “World Castles Activator Award – WCAA” and WCA – Hunter are free of charge. You can obtain it in electronic form – JPG file completely ready for printing in A4 format (297×240) will send by e-mail.
73 & 11! from Castles and Fortresses in the World!